The Park Bench Epiphany

 Reporter: Lyn Tolbert (Gen 11)

Location: Willow Creek Local Park

Time: 3:30 AM

I couldn't wait until I got home. I stopped at the park, the moonlight the only thing illuminating the contents of the leather folder I’d liberated from under Celeste's bed. My hands were shaking—partly from the adrenaline of the escape, and partly from what I was reading.

The Greyson Files: The "Illegal" Succession

Alicia isn't just "watching" the Hudson Branch; she’s built a case against them. According to her notes, there’s a discrepancy in the Greyson line from three generations ago. She’s documented a "succession flaw" that she claims makes Theodore Vance’s birth invalid under the original Henderson Laws.

The Logic: If she can prove Theodore isn't the "rightful" first of the 12th generation, the title reverts back to her side of the tree—to Nadine or Leslie. She’s trying to delete a baby from history to win a game of Sims-thrones.

The "Counter-Archive"

But Celeste had her own notes tucked in the back. She’s found the proof that Alicia’s "flaw" is a fabrication—a literal rewrite of the archives. Celeste has been keeping the real dates and names. She’s the only thing standing between the Hudson branch and a total Imperial erasure.


The Homecoming: The Seer at the Door

Location: Household #5 (The Tolbert/Kirkland House) Time: 4:15 AM

I tried to be quiet. I really did. I slipped through the front door, the leather folder tucked under my jacket like a stolen heart. But as soon as I stepped into the kitchen, the air didn't just feel cold—it felt electric.

Aunt Winona was sitting at the kitchen table. No lights on. Just a single candle and that "I know what you did" look that only a Generation 10 Spellcaster can pull off.

Winona: You smell like the West Wing, Lyndsey. You smell like old dust, silk slippers, and a secret that’s been rotting for twelve years.

Lyn: (Freezing mid-step) "It’s 4 AM, Auntie. Don't you have a cauldron to stir or a spark to chase?"

Winona: (Standing up, the candlelight reflecting in her eyes) I felt the shift, Lyn. The moment you touched that folder, the Ember line practically hummed. You’ve touched something dark—something Alicia has been burying since before you were born. You didn't just find a 'story' tonight. You found the crack in the foundation.

Lyn: Alicia is trying to invalidate Theodore Vance. She’s trying to rewrite the 12th generation before it even starts. And she’s keeping Celeste locked up because Celeste has the receipts.

Winona: (A sharp, grim intake of breath) So the 'Scarred Wood' has a name. I knew there was a reason the magic felt thin at the Manor. Alicia isn't just a hater of children, Lyn—she’s a thief of destinies. If she finds out you have those files, she won't just exile you. She'll erase you from the blog, the tree, and the memory of every Sim in the 48 households.

Lyn: Then we better start posting fast.


The Historian’s Tactical Sidebar:

  • The Alliance Grows: Now it’s me, the "Hidden" Celeste, and a very caffeinated Winona. We have the records, the magic, and the platform.

  • The Greyson Risk: I need to get a message to the Hudson Branch. If they don't know Alicia is coming for Theodore’s birthright, they’re sitting ducks.

  • The Vibe: My house doesn't feel safe anymore. Winona is currently warding the windows, and my mom is still asleep upstairs, totally unaware that her daughter just started a revolution.